Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March......Where is the time springing too?

March 12th and so much as happened and I have had the Non-Stop Creativeness going.  Where has the time gone?  I have way too much blogging to do, so I'll break it into Baby Steps.....Of course, all
the events happening this week and next week will have to be detailed as well.  I do have one reveal
on Saturday for my Holiday Bling Blog Hop with my partner " Shelley Graham Turner ".  We chose
" Easter " for our Holiday Theme. 

I have also realized that I need to spend time on my own projects and even though I am touched by
everyone who sends me emails to participate in Blog Reveals and Group Reveals, I am going to have
to decline for the rest of the year with the exception of the Beaded Art Dolls Round Robins.  I have over twenty three projects awaiting for a reveal of their own.  My Heidi Kummili Challenge will be
formost at this time and the Tribal PowWow for the Long Hair Clan needs items for their booth in September.  I'll focus on those items for right now.

Hummm, so let me see.  Where do I start? 
How about the Florida Bead Retreat Yahoo Group?  Shall we start there?  I was asked to teach a
Bead Embroidery piece by Bebee Goddard using her wonderful Tea Tins to make pill boxes or
Treasure boxes. I think I rose to the occasion for Embroidery.   It turned out to be a lovely piece.
Inspired by the Heidi box in her " Spirit of Bead Embroidery " without the looming. 

And speaking of a retreat.  Hank and Bebee Goddard opened their lovely home to us again.  We have all become so comfortable at their home I cannot think of a more lovely retreat location in the entire state. 
We were blessed with talent for teachers:  Genny Smith taugh Chain Maille ( I've already made twenty Mermaid Tail Earrings ).  And I made my Birdsnest Ring.  It came out adorable.  Harleen taught a wonderful copper earring set...everyone pounded to their hearts content with the exception of
myself due to teaching restrictions, but I can visit Harleen in Nantahala and do them.  Our newest member Maria Hormaza ( another teacher from Beads, Etc. jumped right in and taught us how to make bead caps ( Herringbone, my nemesis ).  Of course there was Bebee, Sharon Beecher from Georgia, Sandie Alexander ( a hoot ) Alice, Susan Barrett of Beads and Baubles and Nancy from Titusville ( another hoot who really enjoyed her bead embroidery ).  And then of course Sharon, Harleens sister.  I felt blessed because Sharon gifted me her Polymer Clay items that she no longer felt a use for.  It was a beautiful gift of all kinds of goodies.  Sandie was gracious enough to drive Susan, Alice and myself in her lovely van.  We had so much room and everyone know's I do not travel light.  :)

We also celebrated three birthdays:  Genny Smith, Bebee Goddard and Sharon ( Harleens Sister ).
And a few photographs to share:
Genny Smith Bead Embroidery top

Mermaid Tail Chain maille Earrings
 


This evening, I'll continue on........

      

No comments:

Post a Comment