Sunday, March 4, 2012

Well, this has been the busiest three weeks in the beading world I've had in a long time, so I'll break it into a " Timeline " by seperate posts.  First, I taught my first " Bead Embroidery Class " at Beads and Baubles in Ft. Pierce.  This would be a Bead Embroidery Cuff, but I did have a student that decided to do a necklace.  We followed the basics of Embroidering on Lacy's Stiff Stuff and understanding that the artistic mind will give you guidance as you look at your piece and pull together colors and thoughts.  One student , another Catherine ", developed a wonderful piece with three cab's.  And Anne actual did some spectacular beadwork on a odd shaped cab.  They have two weeks to do their homework and develop their cuff and necklace and our next class on the 3rd of March will be learning how to complete the bead embroidery by adding strength backing and embellishing the edging.



1.)  Anne and her odd shaped Cab
2.) Catherine and friend
3.) Anne's cabachon
4.) Catherine's piece ready to complete.
Wow, I am so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment