Monday, January 27, 2014

Delightful January 2014 Projects and Completions

January 2014 has turned out to be a busy month with project's completed, new techniques developed,
incredible chainmaille patterns reviewed and learned.  A new Beaded Art Doll Round Robin about to kick off, Blog Hops and kits.  Whew!  What a ride and we still have a week and a half to go.

I completed " Indian Sunset", a Bead Embroidery necklace piece showcasing my first Cabachon ( Indian Paint Stone from Australia ) that I cut and cabbed.  I used the wonderful Chenille stitch that our favorite Patrick Duggan has made popular.

My love of Southwest colors really predominated on this piece and the Chenille stitch was a delight to learn
thanks to the You Tube video by Sara Spoltore ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THC-WxPle4w).  Sara has quite a few great You Tube techniques for you to enjoy.  

I recently met up with a student " Dorothy Kamm " who had forgotten how to do Bead Embroidery, so we
had a few delightful Sunday afternoons re-learning the theory.  She did quite well and we even endeavored into bezeling again.

Dorothy Kamm " with her persmission"
Our current " Chain Maille" class being held at the St. Lucie Rock & Gem has us working in a more advanced format.  I just completed one of my more favored pieces in Copper called " 12 in 2 ".  I would enjoy making several of these.  

This week we will be playing with " Dragons".......Dragonscale that is.  I've got copper rings for this new technique as well.  I just completed Romanov in earrings and will be prepping the bracelet.  Vertebrae in silver parawire, a very intereresting weave and photo's of these will post this week along with photo's of the newest cabachons completed over the past two weeks to include Azurite-Malachite and a beautiful Moss Agate ( 30" x 48" ) that I just cannot allow myself to put backing on this.  So this challenge will be to Bead Embroider a Cabachon while leaving the backing open to view the Moss Agate.  I want to have a LED Flashlight behind this agate when I photograph it.  
Bead On........................and breathe!  
Whew!  You wouldn't think I work a full time job as well.....  

2 comments:

  1. Muy lindos tus trabajos, me encantaron
    Saludos desde Chile
    Maru
    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Grow Your Blog Hop! What beautiful creations...musings! Lovely, and I enjoyed visiting your blog today! Sandy, www.sanderellascrochet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete