Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A new skill has been learned.......

It is funny at times when one hobby overlays another hobby.   Even though this page is devoted to Bead Embroidery - Beadweaving - and Chainmailling but while attending a Society event ( Society of Creative Anachronism ) - I was managing the Arts and Science classes and competitions and I had the opportunity to see ( just a little bit ) for a historic embroidery class being taught by Andrea Brooks ( Lady Aesa ).  I was only able to try the Split stitch but I really enjoyed working in thread as a cover medium. One funny thing happened as I was sitting there learning the split stitch though,  I did keep trying to pick up a bead. 


Of course I enjoyed the Celtic Triskele pattern as well.  Soooo....... I'm hooked on Embroidery and starting thinking of ways to incorporate both Embroidery and Bead Embroidery, so I took off so to speak and decided that I would make a SPIKE ( The Unicorn Seahorse ) which is the mascot of the Kingdom of Atlantia.  And of course I added beads. 

SPIKE
I posted a photo on the Closed Needlework Group for the Barony of Hawkwood and I received many kind comments for completing a second piece.  I still have to block and press this piece but I believe it shall be an eye catcher when complete.   Now mind you,  I have several beaded pieces going on at this time but I have found the thread embroidery very relaxing while watching a little TV or taking a break at work.  The first photo ended up as a Cup Cover with brass swans hanging from each corner to keep the piece weighted over the cup.  The Spike piece I believe shall be a table center piece but it is to be determined. 

I have only learned split stitch and taught myself from a You-Tube Video on how to do Satin Stitch but there are numerous other stitches out there that I need to learn.  ( Yes !  Bless you You-Tube ) and now it has my thoughts going to next years Battle piece.  How to incorporate both mediums for a stunning design. 


Now look at this fabulous darling by " Fly Fenix ".   This has the imagination stimulated for sure. 

Stay tuned!  Piece number 3 is underway....... and it is Celtic and it is Swans. 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for Sharing such a great information with us!.financial advisory company

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly have to try this brand new personalized keto meal plan.

    To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and cooks have joined together to produce keto meal plans that are effective, convenient, price-efficient, and delicious.

    Since their first launch in 2019, hundreds of individuals have already remodeled their figure and well-being with the benefits a proper keto meal plan can give.

    Speaking of benefits; in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones given by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete